5Year CDS Pricing “T_CreditdefaultSwap.cs”

5Year CDS Pricing “T_CreditdefaultSwap.cs”

Zabed
Dear Users,

I am trying to use the QLNet version(C#) to price a CDS Contract (please see below for the Deal Information) and I tried the examples “T_CreditdefaultSwap.cs” but could not match Bloomberg results for my CDS Pricing example.

Can you please help me use the QLNet version(C#) to get similar results as I did on Bloomberg?
If you need further info or clarification, please get in touch. Your help and guidance are greatly appreciated.
Kindest Regards

Example:
Inputs:
Credit Criteria: Buy 5Y CDS Contract
Notional: €10,000,000
CDS Coupon: 100 bps
Recovery Rate: 40%
Maturity: 20/12/2020
Pricing date: 31/12/2015
Day count Act/360
Freq: Quarterly
Swap rate: (used Flat 5Y rate): 0.331%
Actual Market CDS Curve:
6month 25.450
1yr 33.931
2yr 53.060
3yr 71.082
4yr 97.430
5yr 124.546
7yr 166.480
10yr 186.566

Results

Price: 98.828
Principal: 117,124
Accrued (11days) -3,0.56
Cash Amount (MtM) 114,068
SDV01 (CS01) 4,721.51
5Yr_CDS_Pricing_Example.jpg

Re: 5Year CDS Pricing "T_CreditdefaultSwap.cs"

Luigi Ballabio
Hello,
    I'm not sure which features are available in QL.Net.  You can try contacting the developers on the Google+ page at <https://plus.google.com/100924855000638032994>, which seems active, or on GitHub at <https://github.com/amaggiulli/qlnet>.

Luigi

<http://quantlib.10058.n7.nabble.com/file/n17368/5Yr_CDS_Pricing_Example.jpg>

Re: 5Year CDS Pricing "T_CreditdefaultSwap.cs"

Zabed
Hello,
Thanks for attaching the links, I will try them out as you suggested.

Kind regards

Re: 5Year CDS Pricing "T_CreditdefaultSwap.cs"

igitur
Zabed,

I help out with the QLNet development a bit. I mainly try to keep QLNet in line with QuantLib. If you can reproduce your problem in QuantLib with C++ and get assistance here, then I will help you fix it in QLNet.

regards
Francois

Francois Botha