Adding new function to Quantlibxl by reposit

Adding new function to Quantlibxl by reposit

cheng li

Hi team,

I follow the steps to build the quantllibxl using reposit. The build is fine. But when I want to add new function (follow the section 11 in the instruction), it fails with following error message

Error 1 error C2039: 'name' : is not a member of 'QuantLibAddin::InterestRateIndex' d:\GitHub\chinaquants\QuantLibXL\qlxl\functions\function_indexes.cpp 123 QuantLibXLStatic

It seems that InterestRateIndex class in QuantlibObjects doesn't reflect the change automatically. Should I add it mannually or is it a bug? Thanks.

Regards,

Cheng

Re: Adding new function to Quantlibxl by reposit

Eric Ehlers-3
Hi Cheng,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I would be grateful if you could
please clone my repos and do your build as explained here:

http://quantlib.org/reposit/docs/latest/build_git_swig_windows.html

(You have probably already done this).

Then please push your changes to your remote git repo and send me a pull
request.  I will pull your changes and try to get them working.

I have a feeling it is a very simple fix - adding one line to register
a type - but it will be quicker for me if I can see the build.

Kind Regards,
Eric

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 11:07:01 +0800
"cheng li" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I follow the steps to build the quantllibxl using reposit. The build
> is fine. But when I want to add new function (follow the section 11
> in the instruction), it fails with following error message
>
> Error 1 error C2039: 'name' : is not a member of
> 'QuantLibAddin::InterestRateIndex'
> d:\GitHub\chinaquants\QuantLibXL\qlxl\functions\function_indexes.cpp
> 123 QuantLibXLStatic
>
> It seems that InterestRateIndex class in QuantlibObjects doesn't
> reflect the change automatically. Should I add it mannually or is it
> a bug? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Cheng

答复: Adding new function to Quantlibxl by reposit

cheng li
Hi Eric,

I just follow all the steps with that section. So the only change I made is
the 2 adding lines in the file swig/functions/indexes.i

public:
        std::string name() const;

within in the definition of InterestRateIndex. So do I need to change
anything else? Thanks.

"cheng li" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I follow the steps to build the quantllibxl using reposit. The build
> is fine. But when I want to add new function (follow the section 11 in
> the instruction), it fails with following error message
>
> Error 1 error C2039: 'name' : is not a member of
> 'QuantLibAddin::InterestRateIndex'
> d:\GitHub\chinaquants\QuantLibXL\qlxl\functions\function_indexes.cpp
> 123 QuantLibXLStatic
>
> It seems that InterestRateIndex class in QuantlibObjects doesn't
> reflect the change automatically. Should I add it mannually or is it a
> bug? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Cheng

Re: 答复: Adding new function to Quantlibxl by reposit

Eric Ehlers-3
Hi Cheng,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

Please add the line instead to the InterestRateIndex class in the
QuantLib namespace, lower down in file indexes.i.  I just tested it and
it looks OK, does it work for you?

If that is all right then I will update the documentation.

Kind Regards,
Eric

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 21:38:41 +0800
"cheng li" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I just follow all the steps with that section. So the only change I
> made is the 2 adding lines in the file swig/functions/indexes.i
>
> public:
> std::string name() const;
>
> within in the definition of InterestRateIndex. So do I need to change
> anything else? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Cheng

答复: 答复: Adding new function to Quantlibxl by reposit

cheng li
Thanks Eric. I'll have a try!

Regards,
Cheng

"cheng li" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I just follow all the steps with that section. So the only change I
> made is the 2 adding lines in the file swig/functions/indexes.i
>
> public:
> std::string name() const;
>
> within in the definition of InterestRateIndex. So do I need to change
> anything else? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Cheng

It works for me. Thank you for your kind help.

Regards,
Cheng

"cheng li" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I just follow all the steps with that section. So the only change I
> made is the 2 adding lines in the file swig/functions/indexes.i
>
> public:
> std::string name() const;
>
> within in the definition of InterestRateIndex. So do I need to change
> anything else? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Cheng

With pleasure, thanks for the confirmation, and I will clarify the
documentation for the upcoming 1.8 release.

Kind Regards,
Eric