回复:答复: Adjustable Rate Bonds Pricing

fagoal
Ok,i will try it. Another question , this solution supports calculation of a coupon which is divided into several parts, for example payment semiannual,fixing 3month,but does it support payment 1month , and fixing 6mont? which means that one rate fixing determines next several coupon payment

发自我的iPhone

答复: 回复:答复: Adjustable Rate Bonds Pricing

cheng li

AFAIK, there is not such class coupon in QuantLib. But you can always create youre a coupon with hard coded fixed date, like:

https://github.com/lballabio/QuantLib/blob/master/ql/cashflows/indexedcashflow.hpp

Oki will try it. Another question , this solution supports calculation of a coupon which is divided into several parts, for example payment semiannualfixing 3monthbut does it support payment 1month , and fixing 6mont? which means that one rate fixing determines next several coupon payment

发自我的iPhone

FYI. I attached the Peter Casper’s answer which should be an easier solution. It still use sub period coupon. However there is no need to create a new class.

Regards,

Cheng

I am using floatingratebond to do the job but it does'n work . So what you mean is that  i need to create a new instrument like floatingratebond and using the subperiodcoupon to solve this case

发自我的iPhone

Does quantlib 1.9 support this non-trival case?  like fixing rate frequency
is quarterly and payment frequency is semiannual.

发自我的iPhone

I think you can also make do without creating a new class, simply set up a leg of sub period coupons (which you can take from QuantLib or ORE / QuantExt, the latter being a bit more general, if needed) and then pass this leg into the generic Bond constructor (see bond.hpp)

        Bond(Natural settlementDays,
             const Calendar& calendar,
             const Date& issueDate = Date(),
             const Leg& coupons = Leg());

The leg only needs to contain the coupons, amortisation and redemption flows are added automatically based on the notional information that comes with the coupons.

Best Regards
Peter

> On 02 Jul 2017, at 16:42, cheng li <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Fagoal,
>
> Floating rate bond class under the instruments folder should partially meets
> your requirements:
>
> https://github.com/lballabio/QuantLib/blob/master/ql/instruments/bonds/float
> ingratebond.hpp
>
> This is a bond with variable rate linked to a ibor index.
>
> According to your further description, you are looking forward to the sub
> period coupon class under QuantLib experimental folder:
>
> https://github.com/lballabio/QuantLib/blob/master/ql/experimental/coupons/su
> bperiodcoupons.hpp
>
> Peter Casper has another similar version of  this in his open risk engine
> project:
>
> https://github.com/OpenSourceRisk/Engine/blob/master/QuantExt/qle/cashflows/
> subperiodscoupon.hpp
>
> also based on QuantLib.
>
> It should be easy for yourself to extend QuantLib with a new type of bond
> class based on sub period coupon. It will be very similar to floating rate
> bond class.
>
> Regards,
> Cheng

Sent from the quantlib-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: 答复: 回复:答复: Adjustable Rate Bonds Pricing

Peter Caspers-4
I am not aware of such a class either. You can try to use the fixingDays parameter in IborCoupon to match the desired fixing date, but that is obviously not a good solution. I’d like to support a fixing date given as a date instead of fixing days in FloatingRateCoupon and deduced coupon classes. Luigi would that make sense?

Also note that there is a convexity adjustment involved for averaged coupons (because of delayed payments), it looks this is ignored in the sub periods coupon pricer. I guess this is easy to fix (a possible, Black-stlye adjustment is already implemented in the ibor coupon pricer).

On 03 Jul 2017, at 18:51, cheng li <[hidden email]> wrote:

AFAIK, there is not such class coupon in QuantLib. But you can always create youre a coupon with hard coded fixed date, like:

Oki will try it. Another question , this solution supports calculation of a coupon which is divided into several parts, for example payment semiannualfixing 3monthbut does it support payment 1month , and fixing 6mont? which means that one rate fixing determines next several coupon payment

发自我的iPhone

收件人: '' <<a href="x-msg://644/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=18376&amp;i=1" target="_top" style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class="">[hidden email]>

FYI. I attached the Peter Casper’s answer which should be an easier solution. It still use sub period coupon. However there is no need to create a new class.

Regards,
Cheng

收件人: cheng li <<a href="x-msg://644/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=18376&amp;i=4" target="_top" style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class="">[hidden email]>

I am using floatingratebond to do the job but it does'n work . So what you mean is that  i need to create a new instrument like floatingratebond and using the subperiodcoupon to solve this case
发自我的iPhone

收件人: <a href="x-msg://644/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=18376&amp;i=9" target="_top" style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class="">[hidden email]

Does quantlib 1.9 support this non-trival case?  like fixing rate frequency
is quarterly and payment frequency is semiannual.

发自我的iPhone

收件人: fagoal <<a href="x-msg://644/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=18376&amp;i=12" target="_top" style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class="">[hidden email]>

Hi Cheng, Fagoal,

I think you can also make do without creating a new class, simply set up a leg of sub period coupons (which you can take from QuantLib or ORE / QuantExt, the latter being a bit more general, if needed) and then pass this leg into the generic Bond constructor (see bond.hpp)

        Bond(Natural settlementDays,
             const Calendar& calendar,
             const Date& issueDate = Date(),
             const Leg& coupons = Leg());

The leg only needs to contain the coupons, amortisation and redemption flows are added automatically based on the notional information that comes with the coupons.

Best Regards
Peter

> On 02 Jul 2017, at 16:42, cheng li <<a href="x-msg://644/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=18375&amp;i=0" target="_top" style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Fagoal,
>
> Floating rate bond class under the instruments folder should partially meets
> your requirements:
>
> https://github.com/lballabio/QuantLib/blob/master/ql/instruments/bonds/float
> ingratebond.hpp
>
> This is a bond with variable rate linked to a ibor index.
>
> According to your further description, you are looking forward to the sub
> period coupon class under QuantLib experimental folder:
>
> https://github.com/lballabio/QuantLib/blob/master/ql/experimental/coupons/su
> bperiodcoupons.hpp
>
> Peter Casper has another similar version of  this in his open risk engine
> project:
>
> https://github.com/OpenSourceRisk/Engine/blob/master/QuantExt/qle/cashflows/
> subperiodscoupon.hpp
>
> also based on QuantLib.
>
> It should be easy for yourself to extend QuantLib with a new type of bond
> class based on sub period coupon. It will be very similar to floating rate
> bond class.
>
> Regards,
> Cheng

NAML