Arrears fixing floating coupons / Averaging indexes

Arrears fixing floating coupons / Averaging indexes

Andre Louw-2
Luigi,

I am in need of an arrears fixing swap. I assume you have given it some
thought?

My first thought was that it should be fairly simple to add an averaging
xibor class which implements a fixing() method. Supplied with the
periodStart and -End dates as well as the fixingDays, it can then calculate
a fixing rate to pass back to the caller. This same could then be used from
within the existing amount() method in floatingratecoupon. Does this make
sense?

What I noticed is that floatingratecoupon uses the
index->termStructure->dayCounter to determine it's period, whereas xibor
uses it's own dayCounter, is this a market convention?

This is of course only part of the problem - the whole issue of having
fixingDates at the end need to be addressed as well.

What is your feeling about this? Am I on the right track?

I have a few other issues that I would like to run by you, can you maybe
supply me with a phone number where I can contact you during office hours?

Andre

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged,
proprietary to the company and protected by law. If you are not the intended
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.

Re: Arrears fixing floating coupons / Averaging indexes

Luigi Ballabio-2
At 01:20 PM 3/11/03 +0200, Andre Louw wrote:
>I am in need of an arrears fixing swap. I assume you have given it some
>thought?

Andre,
         Nicolas committed a few classes a couple of weeks ago which might
be the ones you need. You can check out the current CVS tree and look into
ql/CashFlows --- in particular, IndexedCoupon, InArrearsIndexedCoupon, and
UpFrontIndexedCoupon.

Later,
         Luigi