Black Vega

Peter Caspers-4
Hi,

in blackformula.cpp , blackFormulaStdDevDerivative(...) the limit case stdDev == 0.0 seems to be treated false, lines 307ff

if (stdDev==0.0) {
            if (forward>strike)
                return discount * forward;
            else
                return 0.0;
        }

should be

if (stdDev==0.0) return 0.0;

because \phi(x) -> 0 whenever |x| -> \infty, right ?

Thanks
Peter

Re: Black Vega

Luigi Ballabio
Yes, you're correct.  I'll fix it.

Luigi

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Peter Caspers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in blackformula.cpp , blackFormulaStdDevDerivative(...) the limit case
> stdDev == 0.0 seems to be treated false, lines 307ff
>
> if (stdDev==0.0) {
>             if (forward>strike)
>                 return discount * forward;
>             else
>                 return 0.0;
>         }
>
> should be
>
> if (stdDev==0.0) return 0.0;
>
> because \phi(x) -> 0 whenever |x| -> \infty, right ?
>
> Thanks
> Peter

Re: Black Vega

Luigi Ballabio