Chicago Mercantile Exchange SPAN

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-3
Hi all

is there anyone who can help to implement the CME SPAN algorithm?

Even just pointing to tech references that could speed up a quick implementation would be appreciated.

Feel free to contact me off-list if preferred

thank you in advance

ciao -- Nando

Re: Chicago Mercantile Exchange SPAN

asavoldi
Hi Nando,

I've been able to analyze CME SPAN methodology for CME, Nymex, Comex, CBOT markets. Initial margins, for plenty of test portfolios, have been compared against PC-SPAN software, the official software which implements the CME Group SPAN methodology. What do you need about SPAN methodology (General picture, intra-inter risk class calculation, super-spread calculation (e.g. for Nymex market), etc.)? if you wish we might discuss over this topic, also off-list if you wish.

Regards,
Antonio