Credit spread

CK TUNG
Hi,

Just want to know if there is any example to calculate credit spread using quantlib ?

Re: Credit spread

japari
Hi,
assuming you are looking for CDS spreads you can look into Examples/CDS
Best
pp

Re: Credit spread

CK TUNG
In fact what I need is an quantlib example on how to decompose a credit spread curve from corporate bond curve like this graph attached

> [hidden email] 於 18 Jul 2016 3:25 PM 寫道:
>
> Hi,
> assuming you are looking for CDS spreads you can look into Examples/CDS
> Best
> pp

image1.GIF (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Credit spread

japari
Hi, I see
Theres a similar exercise in a wsheet I wrote; RiskyBonds. There you see the Z spread being used as a yield differential.
Have a look into the risky bond methods and price your corporate (and possibly your gov too) using your reference risk free curve and a credit curve you consider relevant. With that price you can work out your Z spread or other preferred rate/differential, use the parents bond methods for this.
That sheet only deals with fixed rate bonds but it is relatively easy to extend it to floaters. Just use the appropiate riskybond.
Risky bonds 'price themselves' contrary to other instruments in the lib; changin that would be a good idea; by the time being just keep it in mind.
Best
pp