Debian packages for QuantLib

Dirk Eddelbuettel
The first set of Debian packages (plus source and diffs) for QuantLib have
just been uploaded to the main Debian archive:

edd@sonny:~/debian/Ready> ls -l *quant*.deb
-rw-r--r--    1 edd      edd       3248430 Jun 26 19:15 libquantlib0-dev_0.1.9-1_i386.deb
-rw-r--r--    1 edd      edd        276522 Jun 26 19:14 libquantlib0_0.1.9-1_i386.deb
-rw-r--r--    1 edd      edd        524156 Jun 25 22:45 quantlib-python_0.1.9-1_i386.deb
-rw-r--r--    1 edd      edd       1738248 Jun 24 20:17 quantlib-refman_0.1.9-1_all.deb

For now, they are accessible via

    http://incoming.debian.org

After a few days, they (as well as ports for the other architectures) should
appear in the main ftp archive, as well as on the global mirror network in
the directories (one per upstream tarball)

    pool/main/q/quantlib
    pool/main/q/quantlib-python
    pool/main/q/quantlib-refman

Thanks to Nando, Enri and Luigi for patiently answering quite a few question
of mine, and to the whole QuantLib team for a great library.

Regards,  Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.

Re: Debian packages for QuantLib

md656
> The first set of Debian packages (plus source and diffs) for QuantLib have
> just been uploaded to the main Debian archive:

I am a new comer to this list. I wish you accept me as a new member.

I am from Jordan. I am using Visual C++ on Windows 2000. I have one question
for you: Is there any restriction on using Quantlib on this compiler?

Mohammed

Re: Debian packages for QuantLib

Luigi Ballabio-3
At 04:05 PM 6/27/01 +0300, md656 wrote:
>I am a new comer to this list. I wish you accept me as a new member.

You are welcome.

>I am from Jordan. I am using Visual C++ on Windows 2000. I have one question
>for you: Is there any restriction on using Quantlib on this compiler?

There should be no restriction on Visual C++. I'm using it on Windows NT,
and I never tried 2000, but it should work anyway.

Bye,

Examples

md656
Hi...

Are there complete working examples on how to use QuantLib?

Mohammed

Re: Examples

Luigi Ballabio-3
At 04:52 PM 6/28/01 +0300, md656 wrote:
>Are there complete working examples on how to use QuantLib?

Work is being done on examples in C++. Hopefully there will be a few in the
next release.
The situation is slightly better for the QuantLib-Python module - there is
no real examples, but there is a test suite which shows how to use quite a
few of the QuantLib classes in Python.

Bye,
         Luigi