Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap?

Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap?

Student T
Hi,

Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap instrument built in? I can see VanillaSwap.cpp, but I don't see a class with something similar to FXSwap and cross currency swap.

Re: Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap?

CK TUNG

No, I believed there is no such cross currency instruments defined in QuantLib.

If you want to build a CCS pricer, I think you have to bootstrap a discounting curve such as for EUR cashflows under USD collateral

> Ted Wong <[hidden email]> 於 17 Aug 2016 7:05 PM 寫道:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap instrument built in? I can see VanillaSwap.cpp, but I don't see a class with something similar to FXSwap and cross currency swap.

Re: Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap?

Hi Ted,
    apologies for the delay -- I'm behind on the queue of mailing-list posts we got during the vacations.

No, there's no instrument ready for use. The calculation for FX swaps is done explicitly in FxSwapRateHelper::impliedQuote, but it's not packaged as an instrument yet.  Would you be interested in working on it?

Thanks,
    Luigi

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 1:07 PM Ted Wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap instrument built in? I can see VanillaSwap.cpp, but I don't see a class with something similar to FXSwap and cross currency swap.

Re: Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap?

Student T
Thanks Luigi,

I'm interested in working for the the swaps. My idea is to create new classes: FXSwap and CrossCurrencySwap. They will define new standard constructor just like everywhere else in QuantLib. I'll also implement a new pricing engine for them. What do you think about the changes? If you are happy, I'll send you a pull request once I'm ready.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ted,
    apologies for the delay -- I'm behind on the queue of mailing-list posts we got during the vacations.

No, there's no instrument ready for use. The calculation for FX swaps is done explicitly in FxSwapRateHelper::impliedQuote, but it's not packaged as an instrument yet.  Would you be interested in working on it?

Thanks,
    Luigi

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 1:07 PM Ted Wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap instrument built in? I can see VanillaSwap.cpp, but I don't see a class with something similar to FXSwap and cross currency swap.

Re: Does QuantLib have FXSwap and cross currency swap?

Luigi Ballabio
Hello Ted,
    sorry, I just realized I didn't answer.  Yes, I'm ok with the changes.  Thanks for picking this up.

Luigi