Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

igitur
Hi all,

I'm trying to compile QuantLibXL from the git source. I'm doing a full build, which includes the gensrc parts.

The compilation fails with the following error:

error C2664: 'QuantLib::CmsMarket::CmsMarket(const std::vector<_Ty> &,const std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<T>> &,const boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::IborIndex> &,const std::vector<std::vector<QuantLib::Handle<QuantLib::Quote>>> &,const std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::CmsCouponPricer>> &,const QuantLib::Handle<QuantLib::YieldTermStructure> &)' : cannot convert parameter 5 from 'std::vector<_Ty>' to 'const std::vector<_Ty> &' C:\dev\quantlib\QuantLibAddin\qlo\cmsmarket.cpp

Is this a known issue or how do I resolve this?

thanks
Francois Botha

Re: Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

Peter Caspers-4
Hi,

I think I introduced this problem. The fixes should be here

https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/2c4cd34bdbf3a514ffff121f085938be29197b83
https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/384595ec875734c69a8747add6a42125d74e4928

However these are not yet merged in Luigi's master.

Thank you
Peter

On 14 May 2014 17:25, Francois Botha <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to compile QuantLibXL from the git source. I'm doing a full
> build, which includes the gensrc parts.
>
> The compilation fails with the following error:
>
> error C2664: 'QuantLib::CmsMarket::CmsMarket(const std::vector<_Ty> &,const
> std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<T>> &,const
> boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::IborIndex> &,const
> std::vector<std::vector<QuantLib::Handle<QuantLib::Quote>>> &,const
> std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::CmsCouponPricer>> &,const
> QuantLib::Handle<QuantLib::YieldTermStructure> &)' : cannot convert
> parameter 5 from 'std::vector<_Ty>' to 'const std::vector<_Ty> &'
> C:\dev\quantlib\QuantLibAddin\qlo\cmsmarket.cpp
>
> Is this a known issue or how do I resolve this?
>
> thanks
> Francois Botha

Re: Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

igitur

Thanks. I fetched those commits and it fixed my compilation problem. Luigi, can you perhaps accept the PR?

Francois

On 14 May 2014 7:10 PM, "Peter Caspers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I think I introduced this problem. The fixes should be here

https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/2c4cd34bdbf3a514ffff121f085938be29197b83
https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/384595ec875734c69a8747add6a42125d74e4928

However these are not yet merged in Luigi's master.

Thank you
Peter

On 14 May 2014 17:25, Francois Botha <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to compile QuantLibXL from the git source. I'm doing a full
> build, which includes the gensrc parts.
>
> The compilation fails with the following error:
>
> error C2664: 'QuantLib::CmsMarket::CmsMarket(const std::vector<_Ty> &,const
> std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<T>> &,const
> boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::IborIndex> &,const
> std::vector<std::vector<QuantLib::Handle<QuantLib::Quote>>> &,const
> std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::CmsCouponPricer>> &,const
> QuantLib::Handle<QuantLib::YieldTermStructure> &)' : cannot convert
> parameter 5 from 'std::vector<_Ty>' to 'const std::vector<_Ty> &'
> C:\dev\quantlib\QuantLibAddin\qlo\cmsmarket.cpp
>
> Is this a known issue or how do I resolve this?
>
> thanks
> Francois Botha

Re: Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

Luigi Ballabio
Sure, but I don't have a PR yet. Peter, did you make a pull request to
Eric instead? If so, I'll pull from him one he's accepted it.

Luigi

<https://implementingquantlib.blogspot.com>
<https://twitter.com/lballabio>

Re: Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

Peter Caspers-4
yes, it is part of  https://github.com/lballabio/quantlib/pull/81
best
Peter

On 19 May 2014 17:15, Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sure, but I don't have a PR yet. Peter, did you make a pull request to
> Eric instead? If so, I'll pull from him one he's accepted it.
>
> Luigi
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Francois Botha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks. I fetched those commits and it fixed my compilation problem. Luigi,
>> can you perhaps accept the PR?
>>
>> Francois
>>
>> On 14 May 2014 7:10 PM, "Peter Caspers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think I introduced this problem. The fixes should be here
>>>

>>> https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/2c4cd34bdbf3a514ffff121f085938be29197b83
>>>
>>> https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/384595ec875734c69a8747add6a42125d74e4928
>>>
>>> However these are not yet merged in Luigi's master.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Peter

> --
> <https://implementingquantlib.blogspot.com>
> <https://twitter.com/lballabio>

Re: Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

Luigi Ballabio

Is it? My bad, I've missed it.

Luigi

On May 19, 2014 7:14 PM, "Peter Caspers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes, it is part of  https://github.com/lballabio/quantlib/pull/81
best
Peter

On 19 May 2014 17:15, Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sure, but I don't have a PR yet. Peter, did you make a pull request to
> Eric instead? If so, I'll pull from him one he's accepted it.
>
> Luigi
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Francois Botha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks. I fetched those commits and it fixed my compilation problem. Luigi,
>> can you perhaps accept the PR?
>>
>> Francois
>>
>> On 14 May 2014 7:10 PM, "Peter Caspers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think I introduced this problem. The fixes should be here
>>>

>>> https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/2c4cd34bdbf3a514ffff121f085938be29197b83
>>>
>>> https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/384595ec875734c69a8747add6a42125d74e4928
>>>
>>> However these are not yet merged in Luigi's master.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Peter

> --
> <https://implementingquantlib.blogspot.com>
> <https://twitter.com/lballabio>

Re: Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

Eric Ehlers-2
Hi Francois,

If you are compiling QuantLibXL from git source, then the best place
to go at the moment might be
https://github.com/eehlers/quantlib/tree/R01040x-branch.

I do not remember yet seeing Peter's pull request but if Luigi got it
then I should have it as I keep my R01040x-branch in synch with Luigi's.

Kind Regards,
Eric

Quoting Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]>:

> Is it? My bad, I've missed it.
>
> Luigi
> On May 19, 2014 7:14 PM, "Peter Caspers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> yes, it is part of  https://github.com/lballabio/quantlib/pull/81
>> best
>> Peter
>>

>> On 19 May 2014 17:15, Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Sure, but I don't have a PR yet. Peter, did you make a pull request to
>> > Eric instead? If so, I'll pull from him one he's accepted it.
>> >
>> > Luigi

>> Luigi,

>> https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/2c4cd34bdbf3a514ffff121f085938be29197b83
>> >>>

>> https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/384595ec875734c69a8747add6a42125d74e4928

>> full

>> FREE

>> > --
>> > <https://implementingquantlib.blogspot.com>
>> > <https://twitter.com/lballabio>

Eric Ehlers
nazcatech sprl | Brussels | http://www.nazcatech.be
* Distributed computing for pricing analytics
* Use Microsoft Excel as a client to the Grid

Re: Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

Peter Caspers-4
Hi Eric,
   I sent this pull request only to Luigi and I think it is merged in
his current master already, but not in the R01040x-branch (which
should compile fine though,
since both the error and the fix were introduced in the 1.5 branch).
best regards
Peter

On 10 June 2014 10:30, Eric Ehlers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Francois,
>
> If you are compiling QuantLibXL from git source, then the best place to go
> at the moment might be
> https://github.com/eehlers/quantlib/tree/R01040x-branch.
>
> I do not remember yet seeing Peter's pull request but if Luigi got it then I
> should have it as I keep my R01040x-branch in synch with Luigi's.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Eric
>

> Quoting Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Is it? My bad, I've missed it.
>>
>> Luigi
>> On May 19, 2014 7:14 PM, "Peter Caspers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> yes, it is part of  https://github.com/lballabio/quantlib/pull/81
>>> best
>>> Peter

>>> Luigi,

>>> https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/2c4cd34bdbf3a514ffff121f085938be29197b83
>>> >>>

>>> https://github.com/pcaspers/quantlib/commit/384595ec875734c69a8747add6a42125d74e4928

>>> full

>>> FREE

> Eric Ehlers
> nazcatech sprl | Brussels | http://www.nazcatech.be
> * Distributed computing for pricing analytics
> * Use Microsoft Excel as a client to the Grid

Re: Error C2664 when compiling QuantLibObjects

igitur
Yes, I think this has been solved. I work off Luigi's master branch and don't experience this problem anymore. Thanks.

Francois Botha