Extracting QuantLib on Mac

Jeff C
Hi,

I'm trying to extract QuantLib-1.10.tar, and I receive an error. I can't find an answer to what is going wrong. For background, I installed MacPorts and installed boost. I input:

tar xzvf QuantLib-1.10.tar.gz

output error:
tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open 'QuantLib-1.10.tar.gz'

Any help would be much appreciated.

Extracting QuantLib on Mac

R P Herrold
On Tue, 23 May 2017, Jeff C wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to extract QuantLib-1.10.tar, and I receive an error. I can't
> find an answer to what is going wrong. For background, I installed MacPorts
> and installed boost. I input:
>
> tar xzvf QuantLib-1.10.tar.gz
>
> output error:
> tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open 'QuantLib-1.10.tar.gz'

obvious questions are:
        from wht URL was it retrieved -- if SF, they
occasionally return an intermediate HTML content page.  Check
thus:
        file QuantLib-1.10.tar.gz

-- Russ herrold

I downloaded and tried again, but it didn't work. The size is 8.9 MB. I checked that MacPorts and Boost is installed correctly. Could the problem be that the path for boost is wrong?

Re: Extracting QuantLib on Mac

Jeff C
Russ,

I typed what you suggested into the terminal, and I got this:

QuantLib-1.10.tar.gz: cannot open `QuantLib-1.10.tar.gz' (No such file or directory)

I can't figure out why.

Re: Extracting QuantLib on Mac

Jeff C
I get -bash: Is: command not found.

I am pretty new at this, so thank you for the help!

Re: Extracting QuantLib on Mac

Jeff C
I figured it out. You were right Luigi. I was extracting from the incorrect place in my command line. Thank you for the help!

Re: Extracting QuantLib on Mac

That would be "ls" with a lowercase L, not an I.