FW: Re: quantlib & Excel

Luis Pereira-3
Hi,

I really can't put the test sample to work.
I'm sure it has to do with Project Settings or dependences or the way files
are organized in the workspace.

Can anyone be so kind to state the steps (step by step) that make the
implementation work in your own machines (MS Visual C++).

Thanks in advance,
Luís Pereira

Re: Re: quantlib & Excel

Vu Huynh
trying to replicate your error I proceeded following steps:
1) get xlw module from cvs as described in
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=45222
2) open xlw workspace in VisualStudio C++ 6.0
3) compile xlw project (the current active configuration is
OnTheEdgeRelease)
4) compile xlwExample project (the current active configuration is
OnTheEdgeRelease)
but it worked impeccable :-(

The problem you encountered is linker problem. The cause probably is the
compiler setting and not in the project dependency.
Try following:
a) set OnTheEdgeDebug (or -Release) as active configuration for xlw project.
(Build->Set Active Configuration)
b) copy (Ctrl + C) preprocessor definition of OnTheEdgeDebug (or -Release)
in xlw project (Project->Setting->C/C++ tab->General)
c) paste (Ctrl + V) preprocessor definition in your test project
d) compile your test project.
e) if failed, make sure that every setting of test project is exactly the
same as xlwExample project (especially the definition XLW_NOIMPORTEXPORT)

If you want to set dependency , go to Project->Dependencies and then click
on xlw (you'll se xlw if only you put xlw project in the same workspace as
test project).

Vu