HKD Calendar

Alix Lassauzet
Hi QL-community,

Yesterday (Monday, 3th of July, 2017) seems to be an holiday in the Hong-Kong calendar according to QL. If I am right, the line L56 in hongkong.cpp explains this behaviour : the 1st of July fell on Saturday, so the SAR Establishment day was moved on this Monday (the 3rd of July).

But, the HKex was opened yesterday, and this day does not seem to be an holiday according to the official holiday schedule (https://www.hkex.com.hk/eng/market/sec_tradinfo/tradcal/nont10.htm).

Does the rule for this holiday have to be reviewed in QL ? Or did I miss something ?

Thanks !
Alix

Re: HKD Calendar

Alix Lassauzet
Okay Luigi, thanks for your feedback. I will send a PR as soon as possible !

Alix

Re: HKD Calendar

Alix Lassauzet
Hi Luigi and QL-community,

I am preparing a PR to fix the rule of the SAR Establishment Day and add some omitted holidays for the next two years (2017/2018).

But, in the same time, I am wondering if this amendment might not be applied to other special days like the New Year's Day, the Labor Day and the National Day. Indeed, the rule seems to be the same in the code (ie, move to Monday) but after a check on two stocks quoted on the HKex (e.g. China Power International and China Telecom, with the RIC 2380.HK and 0728.HK respectively), they seem to be quoted on days expected to be holidays for QL :

New Year's Day:
* The 1st of January, 2011 falls on Saturday => the 3rd of January, 2011 is thus expected to be an holiday for QL while I found quotations for the two stocks above

Labor Day:
* Idem for the 3rd of May, 2010

National Day:
* Idem for the 3d of October, 2011 and the 3rd of October, 2016

In fact, the rule seems to say that the holiday is "moved" to the next following day only if it originally fell on Sunday.

Do you have an opinion about this ?

Thanks !

Alix

Re: HKD Calendar

Luigi Ballabio

Hi Alix,
    thanks for the work you're doing. I'd go for amending the other holidays, too.

Luigi

: