Indentation?

Andre Louw-2
Hi,

My Emacs is setup for 3 spaces indent, plus we use gnu's indent standard on
our other projects. Is there some indent profile available that I can use to
indent QuantLib stuff that I want to submit to CVS. What I thought of doing
was to run indent with my indent.pro after checking out and then running
indent with your indent.pro before checking in again. Sounds like a schlepp,
but what can yu do....

I know there is a way of automating this on the CVS pserver side, but it's
Friday afternoon and I'm tired. Maybe it's allready done, or, we can look at
it some other time?

Andre

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged,
proprietary to the company and protected by law. If you are not the intended
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.

Re: Indentation?

Luigi Ballabio-4
At 03:32 PM 4/12/02 +0200, Andre Louw wrote:
>Is there some indent profile available that I can use to
>indent QuantLib stuff that I want to submit to CVS.

Andre: the attached profile should be close enough. But don't bother too much.

Nando: go ahead if you want to put it on the web site, but be aware that
there are things in our guidelines that indent just won't do AFAIK (e.g.,
you can't put the opening brace of a function definition on the same line
as its name).
So don't start running it in batches :)

Bye,
         Luigi

indent.pro (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Indentation?

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
>So don't start running it in batches :)
Smile apart you DID know that the paranoid in me was going to run it as
periodic batch.
You DID notice the frequent ChangeLog update, didn't you ;-)
The only reason that stopped me so far is how it handle C++ templates.
Wasn't indent C-oriented?

Andre, when/if you have time to find out how to have CVS do the indent job,
drop us a line.

ciao -- Nando

Re: Indentation?

Luigi Ballabio-4
At 05:43 PM 4/12/02 +0200, Ferdinando Ametrano wrote:
>>So don't start running it in batches :)
>Smile apart you DID know that the paranoid in me was going to run it as
>periodic batch.

Of course I did.

>The only reason that stopped me so far is how it handle C++ templates.
>Wasn't indent C-oriented?

It can process C++. It formats templates by putting spaces before and after
the < and >. It's not very pretty in my opinion, but it doesn't do utterly
wrong things. So you can be paranoid if you want...

Bye,
         Luigi