Installation QuantLib - Visual Studio 2015 Express - Python

Installation QuantLib - Visual Studio 2015 Express - Python

Stefan Müller

Hello,

I am new to QuantLib and until now just used MatLab to program mathematical models for financial derivatives.

So i tried to install QuantLib with SWIG and i think i managed to create the .cpp Python Wrapper.

Unfortunatly i am unable to include it somehow into Visual Studio 2015 to be able to Import Quantlib in a small Python Project.

Can you give me some guidance how to proceed step by step?

I am very curious about the capabilities of QuantLib.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Re: Installation QuantLib - Visual Studio 2015 Express - Python

Miguel Manese
Hi Stefan,

Not sure how you did it, but if you follow the instructions in the site below you're good:

You said you were able to build it. Did you do

$ python setup.py install

It should then be accessible by your python distribution.

For exploring QL with python, I highly recommend the ff links

Kr,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Stefan Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I am new to QuantLib and until now just used MatLab to program mathematical models for financial derivatives.

So i tried to install QuantLib with SWIG and i think i managed to create the .cpp Python Wrapper.

Unfortunatly i am unable to include it somehow into Visual Studio 2015 to be able to Import Quantlib in a small Python Project.

Can you give me some guidance how to proceed step by step?

I am very curious about the capabilities of QuantLib.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Re: Installation QuantLib - Visual Studio 2015 Express - Python

Luigi Ballabio
Hi Stefan,
    when you say you were able to produce the wrapper, you mean that you created the .cpp file with the wrapper code or the Python module? What did you do exactly?

Luigi