Is quantlibXL compatibile with excel 2013?

Is quantlibXL compatibile with excel 2013?

Carl
Is quantlibXL compatible with excel 2013?

Thanks

Re: Is quantlibXL compatibile with excel 2013?

Nicholas Manganaro-3
Carl,
In my experience, QLXL works well with the 32 bit version of either Excel 2013 or 2016, but does not work well with the 64 bit version of Excel 2013 or 2016.
-Nick

Re: Is quantlibXL compatibile with excel 2013?

Eric Ehlers-3
Hi Nick,

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:12:52 -0400 (EDT)
Nicholas Manganaro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Carl,
> In my experience, QLXL works well with the 32 bit version of either
> Excel 2013 or 2016, but does not work well with the 64 bit version of
> Excel 2013 or 2016. -Nick

What problems do you get in 64-bit Excel?

I am aware that the VBA addin does not work under 64-bit Excel.  A
patch for that has been submitted and I will include it in the 1.8
release.

With regard to the XLL, I have been compiling it for 32- and 64-bit
XLL.  I don't have 64-bit Excel but I have asked others who do to do a
sanity check on the XLL and they did not report any problems.  So if
you have experienced problems with the XLL in 64-bit Excel I would be
interested to hear more.

Kind Regards,
Eric

Re: Is quantlibXL compatibile with excel 2013?

Nicholas Manganaro-2
Eric & Carl,
Pardon me if I overstated the case, but I was referring to the fact that
QLXL does not work with VBA in the 64 bit version of Excel.
I did not mean to imply that it does not work at all, and regret any
misunderstanding I may have created.