Maintaining gensrc-based QuantLibXL with updated QuantLib library

Maintaining gensrc-based QuantLibXL with updated QuantLib library

sebastian-106
Hi,

I am struggling a bit with the reorganization of QuantLib and QuantLibXL
projects.

I would like to follow updates in the official QuantLib repo. Also, I
have several ql developments which are exported to Excel via gensrc
which I want to keep. Currently, I forked Luigi's quantlib-old repo and
merged my stuff (available at
https://github.com/sschlenkrich/quantlib-old.git).

I understand that I need to split up my repo into individual repos and
then fork the new QuantLib repo. But what is the best practice for the
remaining folders required to export QuantLib to Excel (via gensrc)?

It seems a bit tedious to create individual repositories for each
folder. I was thinking to keep quantlib-old and include QuantLib as a
submodule. Are there any experiences with that?

Alternatively, are there some official repos for the other folders
(QuantLibAddin, QuantLibXL, etc.) which I can fork? I understand that
for example Eric’s QuantLibAddin repository is already based on reposit.
So I can’t use this unless I port everything to reposit.

Any advice and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Sebastian

Re: Maintaining gensrc-based QuantLibXL with updated QuantLib library

Eric Ehlers-3
Hello,

> It seems a bit tedious to create individual repositories for each
> folder. I was thinking to keep quantlib-old and include QuantLib as a
> submodule. Are there any experiences with that?

My guess is that this would be your best bet but I'm not exactly sure
how to make it work against the latest snapshot of QuantLib.

gensrc/ObjectHandler/QuantLibAddin/QuantLibXL rely on relative paths to
find the QuantLib directory.  The quantlib-old repo contains an obsolete
snapshot of QuantLib.  So you would have to do something such as one of
the following?:

1) Pull from the new QuantLib repo into the quantlib-old/QuantLib
repo.  Not sure if this is possible.

2) Replace the quantlib-old/QuantLib directory with the new QuantLib
repo (as a subdirectory?).

3) Modify gensrc/ObjectHandler/QuantLibAddin/QuantLibXL to look for
QuantLib in a different directory (e.g. ../../QuantLib instead
of ../QuantLib).

I haven't thought about it yet, I guess I will have to solve this
problem for the next release if we package the old build.

Regards,
Eric

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 07:33:16 +0100
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am struggling a bit with the reorganization of QuantLib and
> QuantLibXL projects.
>
> I would like to follow updates in the official QuantLib repo. Also, I
> have several ql developments which are exported to Excel via gensrc
> which I want to keep. Currently, I forked Luigi's quantlib-old repo
> and merged my stuff (available at
> https://github.com/sschlenkrich/quantlib-old.git).
>
> I understand that I need to split up my repo into individual repos
> and then fork the new QuantLib repo. But what is the best practice
> for the remaining folders required to export QuantLib to Excel (via
> gensrc)?
>
> It seems a bit tedious to create individual repositories for each
> folder. I was thinking to keep quantlib-old and include QuantLib as a
> submodule. Are there any experiences with that?
>
> Alternatively, are there some official repos for the other folders
> (QuantLibAddin, QuantLibXL, etc.) which I can fork? I understand that
> for example Eric’s QuantLibAddin repository is already based on
> reposit. So I can’t use this unless I port everything to reposit.
>
> Any advice and suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sebastian

Re: Maintaining gensrc-based QuantLibXL with updated QuantLib library

sebastian-106

Hi Eric,

thanks for looking into this. You say you might have to look into this for the next release. Could you keep me posted on how you manage it?

Thanks and regards

Sebastian

Am 2016-02-28 23:37, schrieb Eric Ehlers:

Hello,
[...]

[hidden email] wrote:
Hi, I am struggling a bit with the reorganization of QuantLib and QuantLibXL projects. I would like to follow updates in the official QuantLib repo. Also, I have several ql developments which are exported to Excel via gensrc which I want to keep. Currently, I forked Luigi's quantlib-old repo and merged my stuff (available at https://github.com/sschlenkrich/quantlib-old.git). I understand that I need to split up my repo into individual repos and then fork the new QuantLib repo. But what is the best practice for the remaining folders required to export QuantLib to Excel (via gensrc)? It seems a bit tedious to create individual repositories for each folder. I was thinking to keep quantlib-old and include QuantLib as a submodule. Are there any experiences with that? Alternatively, are there some official repos for the other folders (QuantLibAddin, QuantLibXL, etc.) which I can fork? I understand that for example Eric's QuantLibAddin repository is already based on reposit. So I can't use this unless I port everything to reposit. Any advice and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Sebastian ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now! http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140 _______________________________________________ QuantLib-dev mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quantlib-dev