Need Help Getting 1.8 QuantLibXL Framework

Need Help Getting 1.8 QuantLibXL Framework

emmanuel.p.ablaza

Hello,

I am a newbie here.

New to finance and new to quantlib as well.

I am just trying to get started with the VBA QuantLibXL framework

For now, I am just looking to get the latest stable version which appears to be 1.8 (1.9 is pre-release?)

  1. The 32-bit excel link to the RateCurveFramework.zip appears to point to a .zip filename not actually present in sourceforge.net

The 64-bit excel link  appears to work but then there is a caveat the VBA will not really work.

Not to mention my Excel 2016/Office 365 says it is 32-bit.

  1. Inside the sourceforge directories, if I look inside, I can see a slightly different filename,

QuantLibXL-1.8.0-framework.zip.

However when I extracted it, all the DOS batch files for different currencies are not there, which undoubtedly was mentioned in the Startup instructions, as well as I can see them in the 64-bit RaateCurveFramework zip file.

What is the best way to get going here?

Thanks so much!!!

  • Emmanuel

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Need Help Getting 1.8 QuantLibXL Framework

Eric Ehlers-3
Hi Emmanuel,

I just poked around a little to try and find a solution.

I copied session_file.EUR-x64-s-static.bat and
session_file.EUR-x64-s-static.xml from the 64-bit build to the 32-bit
build.  I edited the XML file to use the name of the 32-bit XLL
(QuantLibXL-vc120-mt-s-1_8_0.xll).  I invoked the batch file and the app
seemed to start up OK.

Kind Regards,

Eric

On 2017-04-25 22:17, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie here.
>
> New to finance and new to quantlib as well.
>
> I am just trying to get started with the VBA QuantLibXL framework
>
> For now, I am just looking to get the latest stable version which
> appears to be 1.8 (1.9 is pre-release?)
>
>  1. The 32-bit excel link to the RateCurveFramework.zip appears to
>     point to a .zip filename not actually present in sourceforge.net
>
> The 64-bit excel link  appears to work but then there is a caveat the
> VBA will not really work.
>
> Not to mention my Excel 2016/Office 365 says it is 32-bit.
>
>  2. Inside the sourceforge directories, if I look inside, I can see a
>     slightly different filename,
>
> QuantLibXL-1.8.0-framework.zip.
>
> However when I extracted it, all the DOS batch files for different
> currencies are not there, which undoubtedly was mentioned in the
> Startup instructions, as well as I can see them in the 64-bit
> RaateCurveFramework zip file.
>
> What is the best way to get going here?
>
> Thanks so much!!!
>
>   * Emmanuel

> Windows 10

Re: Need Help Getting 1.8 QuantLibXL Framework

emmanuel.p.ablaza

Thanks for your confirmation!

Do we have an estimated timeline yet when the v1.9 might become officially released?

(I just used 1.8 under the perception 1.9 is still under pre-release evaluation).

On 2017-04-25 22:17, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,

> I am a newbie here.

> New to finance and new to quantlib as well.

> I am just trying to get started with the VBA QuantLibXL framework

> For now, I am just looking to get the latest stable version which

> appears to be 1.8 (1.9 is pre-release?)

>  1. The 32-bit excel link to the RateCurveFramework.zip appears to

>     point to a .zip filename not actually present in sourceforge.net

> The 64-bit excel link  appears to work but then there is a caveat the

> VBA will not really work.

> Not to mention my Excel 2016/Office 365 says it is 32-bit.

>  2. Inside the sourceforge directories, if I look inside, I can see a

>     slightly different filename,

> QuantLibXL-1.8.0-framework.zip.

> However when I extracted it, all the DOS batch files for different

> currencies are not there, which undoubtedly was mentioned in the

> Startup instructions, as well as I can see them in the 64-bit

> RaateCurveFramework zip file.

> What is the best way to get going here?

> Thanks so much!!!

>   * Emmanuel

> Windows 10

Re: Need Help Getting 1.8 QuantLibXL Framework

Eric Ehlers-3
Hi Emmanuel,

I just released version 1.9.  But the Framework has not been updated for
this release.  I patched the file QuantLibXL-1.8.0-framework.zip and
added the dos batch files for euro.  I fixed the links on the web page.
There are others who know more about the Framework than I do and I have
pinged them with the link to this thread.

Kind Regards,

Eric