Newbie

Luis Pereira-3
Hi all,

I am a new (let's hope) user of quantlib.

I use Visual C++ but I am experiencing some problems in order to put the
examples working as a starting point. I changed the Visual C++ options and
directories in the way stated by the user manual. I open the project file of
european options for example, try to compile but I get an error from
compiler stating that is is not capable of finding the observable.hpp file,
despite the fact that I can see it as a part of the project.

Can ou please help me on this?
Thanks in advance.

Luis Pereira

Re: Newbie

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
Hi Louis

>I use Visual C++ but I am experiencing some problems in order to put the
>examples working as a starting point. I changed the Visual C++ options and
>directories in the way stated by the user manual. I open the project file of
>european options for example, try to compile but I get an error from
>compiler stating that is is not capable of finding the observable.hpp file,
>despite the fact that I can see it as a part of the project.
>
>Can ou please help me on this?
if you downloaded the source packages please download the documentation too
and read the "Using QuantLib" part of the manual: there you'll find
instruction on how to setup a project based on QuantLib, and examples are
indeed projects based on QuantLib.

In any case I suggest you use the QuantLib Win32 installer: this will
auto-magically install QuantLib and its documentation, setup the
environment variable and create shortcuts in your "Program Files" folder.
Among this shortcuts you will also find shortcuts to the QuantLib Visual
C++ project and the QuantLib Examples projects.

In case you're using QuantLib 0.2.1 (our last release) I suggest you take a
look at the latest development snapshot instead. It's available from
http://quantlib.org/snapshot.html: it's quite stable and as matter of fact
it could be released as 0.3.0 any day now.

hope this helps

ciao -- Nando