PiecewiseDefaultCurve Root not Bracketed Error

PiecewiseDefaultCurve Root not Bracketed Error

Daniel Garcia
Dear,

I'm having a Root not bracketed error when trying to bootstrap a CDS structure.

// Bootstrap hazard rates
boost::shared_ptr<PiecewiseDefaultCurve<HazardRate, BackwardFlat> >
hazardRateStructure(
new PiecewiseDefaultCurve<HazardRate, BackwardFlat>(
todaysDate,
instruments,
dayCounter
));

The error is:

1st iteration: failed at 23rd alive instrument, pillar September 30th, 2051, maturity September 30th, 2051, reference date September 30th, 2028: root
not bracketed: f[2.22045e-016,1] -> [-1.314319e-006,-9.924420e-003]

I have made the BackWardFlat bootstrapping in excel with certain tolerance in the mean square error. (0.92)

Imágenes integradas 1

Not sure about how to deal with this on Quantlib. I'm trying to give some tolerance to my PiecewiseDefaultCurve method but with no luck.

boost::shared_ptr<PiecewiseDefaultCurve<HazardRate, BackwardFlat> >
hazardRateStructure(
new PiecewiseDefaultCurve<HazardRate, BackwardFlat>(
todaysDate,
instruments,
dayCounter,
0.1  <-