Poll: Visual C++ version

Luigi Ballabio
Hello,
    I'm trying to get some statistics on what version of Visual C++ people are using. The figures would  be useful in deciding what versions to drop, and at what point in the future we could start using some C++11 features. So if you're using QuantLib with any versions of Visual C++, please go to <http://doodle.com/poll/qr76erypbyni6g2s> and cast your votes.

Thanks,

Re: Poll: Visual C++ version

Gouthaman Balaraman
Luigi,

In Windows, Python (2.7) is still being built using 2008 version of Visual Studio. Would moving to the later version of Visual C++ still be compatible with the default python build. I understand one can build Python itself in the later version of Visual Studio, but that won't be the official version. Would be interested to see if any one has attempted that.

Goutham

Re: Poll: Visual C++ version

Matthias Groncki
Hi Goutham,

I was able to builded the QuantLib for Python 2.7 with VS 2010. All you need to do is add a new enviormental Variable:

set VS90COMNTOOLS=%VS100COMNTOOLS%

Otherwise  you will encounter the error message "Unable to find vcversall.bat"

I think this Workaround can also work with newer VS versions. I havent tested it since I switched to Python 3.x.

With Python 3.5 you need VS2015 is the offical build tool for Windows.

Regards,

Matthias

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Re: Poll: Visual C++ version

vinnieb

Hi,

Similar approach worked for me with vs 2015 (just had to use a higher variable to map against, was 140 I believe), happily up and running with that.

Vince

On 24 Jun 2016 4:04 p.m., "Matthias Groncki" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Goutham,

I was able to builded the QuantLib for Python 2.7 with VS 2010. All you need to do is add a new enviormental Variable:

set VS90COMNTOOLS=%VS100COMNTOOLS%

Otherwise  you will encounter the error message "Unable to find vcversall.bat"

I think this Workaround can also work with newer VS versions. I havent tested it since I switched to Python 3.x.

With Python 3.5 you need VS2015 is the offical build tool for Windows.

Regards,

Matthias

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Re: Poll: Visual C++ version

Gouthaman Balaraman
Matthias

Modifying the env variable is a neat trick. I have encountered the "Unable to find vcversall.bat" error before. Thanks for the tip.

Goutham