QLXL: Cap vs. Caplet vols

mrbp
Hi,

I'm trying to price caps off normal (bp) vols using the Bachelier model w/ QuantLibXL. I've used the qlStrippedOptionlet and qlStrippedOptionletAdapter functions to create the vol surface from imp vols but now realize that the pricing engine prices each caplet with the vol for that tenor/strike as opposed to using a constant vol for the entire cap.

Could someone point me to the functions for build a cap vol surface rather than a caplet vol surface please?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: QLXL: Cap vs. Caplet vols

mrbp
Hi,

So I've solved the below issue by using the qlBachelierCapFloorEngine2 function with qlCapFloorTermVolSurface and qlCapFloorTermVTSVolatility to get the vol.

Next question is can I pass ATM vols to the vol surface?

Thanks,
Brian