QuantLib on Python in PyCharm on Mac

Jeff C
Hi,

When I initially "import QuantLib as ql" I don't get an error and PyCharm even gives me the short cut to type QuantLib. But after a second PyCharm gives me this error:

Unused import statement.
This inspection detects names that should resolve but don't. Due to dynamic dispatch and duck typing, this is possible in a limited but useful number of cases. Top-level and class-level items are supported better than instance items.

The download and installation guide mentions something about "disabling shared" if you only want to use Python, but I want to also have access to QuantLib in C++. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Re: QuantLib on Python in PyCharm on Mac

Jeff C
I wrote a simple piece of code, but I am still getting the same error as before if my mouse hovers over the import QuantLib as ql.

Input:
import QuantLib as ql

date = ql.Date(7, 3, 2015)
print(date)

Output:
/anaconda/bin/python3.6 /Users/jeffcalhou/PycharmProjects/QuantLib/QuantLib.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/jeffcalhou/PycharmProjects/QuantLib/QuantLib.py", line 1, in <module>
    import QuantLib as ql
  File "/Users/jeffcalhou/PycharmProjects/QuantLib/QuantLib.py", line 3, in <module>
    date = ql.Date(7, 3, 2015)
AttributeError: module 'QuantLib' has no attribute 'Date'

Process finished with exit code 1

Instead of printing March 3rd, 2015

Re: QuantLib on Python in PyCharm on Mac

Jeff C
I deleted the file and ran the code again and everything works. It must have been a PyCharm issue. Thanks for the help.