Quantlib: Mortgage Backed Securities

nriyait

Does quant-lib have any classes for Mortgage Backed Securities to calculate Accrued Interest, Price and/or Yield ?

This message is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and may be confidential. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Fidessa. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or in part is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately.
Fidessa plc registered in England and Wales no. 3781700. VAT registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK
Fidessa buy-side ltd registered in England and Wales no. 3656437. VAT registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK
Fidessa group plc registered in England and Wales no. 3234176. VAT registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK

Re: Quantlib: Mortgage Backed Securities

Luigi Ballabio
No, it doesn't.  The closest you can get is to model prepayments
externally and feed the results to the amortizing-bond classes in
<ql/experimental/amortizingbonds>.  But this will probably misprice
the optionality of the prepayments.

Luigi

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Navtej Singh-Riyait
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does quant-lib have any classes for Mortgage Backed Securities to calculate
> Accrued Interest, Price and/or Yield ?
>

> This message is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and may be
> confidential. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any
> opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
> Fidessa. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or
> in part is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
> message, please notify the sender immediately.
> Fidessa plc registered in England and Wales no. 3781700. VAT registration
> no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking,
> Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK
> Fidessa buy-side ltd registered in England and Wales no. 3656437. VAT
> registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street,
> Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK
> Fidessa group plc registered in England and Wales no. 3234176. VAT
> registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street,
> Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK

Re: Quantlib: Mortgage Backed Securities

Ibbotson, Simon
Indeed. Prepayments need to be linked (using some model) to interest-rates at the least.

No, it doesn't.  The closest you can get is to model prepayments externally and feed the results to the amortizing-bond classes in <ql/experimental/amortizingbonds>.  But this will probably misprice the optionality of the prepayments.

Luigi

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Navtej Singh-Riyait <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does quant-lib have any classes for Mortgage Backed Securities to
> calculate Accrued Interest, Price and/or Yield ?
>

> This message is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and may be
> confidential. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any
> opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the
> opinions of Fidessa. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or
> dissemination, either whole or in part is prohibited. If you are not
> the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately.
> Fidessa plc registered in England and Wales no. 3781700. VAT
> registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke
> Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK Fidessa buy-side ltd registered
> in England and Wales no. 3656437. VAT registration no. GB688900878.
> Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21
> 5BH, UK Fidessa group plc registered in England and Wales no. 3234176.
> VAT registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court,
> Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK

Wave(TM): Endpoint Security, Q1 2013 and "remains a good choice" in the endpoint security space. For insight on selecting the right partner to tackle endpoint security challenges, access the full report.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/symantec-dev2dev

This email is, and should be treated as, a communication originating from the Financial Services Authority (FSA).  While this email is sent from a computer system operated by the Bank of England, that system is operated on the FSA's behalf.
This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. It is for intended recipients only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, publish, rely on or otherwise use it without our consent. Some of our communications may contain confidential information which it could be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use without authority.
If you have received this email in error please notify [hidden email] immediately and delete the email from your computer.
The FSA reserves the right to monitor all email communications for compliance with legal, regulatory and professional standards.
This email is not intended to nor should it be taken to create any legal relations or contractual relationships. This email has originated from The Financial Services Authority (FSA), 20 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6DA, United Kingdom.
Registered as a Limited Company in England and Wales No.1920623.
Registered Office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS
Switchboard: 020 7601 4444.
Web Site: http://www.fsa.gov.uk

This e-mail has been scanned for known viruses by the Messagelabs SkyScan Service.