Quantlib / Python: 'swig' not recognized

Quantlib / Python: 'swig' not recognized

Michel
Hi,

I'm trying to build Quantlib SWIG for python, but i face the following issue (i tried to find an answer to my problem in the forum but i did not find any close solution).

I have checkouted Quantlib 1.7 with Git, built it with Visual Express 2008.

Then i specified the LIB, QL_DIR and INCLUDE envir variables.

now i use the python setup.py wrap command, but i get an error 'swig' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

FYI, i use Anaconda 2.7 32bit.

What am i missing?

Thanks

Michel

Re: Quantlib / Python: 'swig' not recognized

Michel
Hi Luigi,

Thanks. I figured out that i could build the python bindings without SWIG.

I don't have the issue anymore after having installed the prebuilt SWIG binaries found here: http://www.swig.org/download.html

BR

Michel