Quantlib v1.8.1 - make check failure

Die Optimisten
Hi

make[3]: Entering directory `QuantLib-1.8.1/test-suite'
FAIL: quantlib-test-suite
Testsuite summary for QuantLib 1.8.1
# TOTAL: 1
# PASS:  0
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See test-suite/test-suite.log
Please report to [hidden email]
make[3]: *** [test-suite.log] Error 1

** Contents: **

FAIL: quantlib-test-suite
=========================

./quantlib-test-suite: line 37: libtool_install_magic: unbound variable
FAIL quantlib-test-suite (exit status: 1)

test-suite/quantlib-test-suite (line 39:
if test "$libtool_install_magic" = "%%%MAGIC variable%%%"; then

Is that a bug, what shall I do to run it sucessfully?

thanks
Opti

Re: Quantlib v1.8.1 - make check failure

Die Optimisten
Hi

Debian wheezy
autoconf, automake: yes,
NO libtool (but that seems to be packaged witch quantlib.tgz ?

# started:
configure
make    # all ok!
make check    # FAILURE

Looks like being a bash (syntax) error, so I wonder why not anyone else got this failure.

manually started quantlib-test-suite (seems to be ok -- how long does this take (I have 4000 bogomips, or how long does it take on an up-to-date pc) ?

thx Opti

Re: Quantlib v1.8.1 - make check failure

Die Optimisten
./autogen.sh
Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 345, <GEN3> line 6.
autoreconf: failed to run libtoolize: No such file or directory
autoreconf: libtoolize is needed because this package uses Libtool

Run the command ./configure --help for information on options
that can change the behavior of the library.

- Where from is libtoolize? Have never seen that

Opti

On 2016-09-30 11:01, Luigi Ballabio wrote:
> Should be about 10/15 minutes.  Yes, libtool is packaged.  Strange.
> May you try installing libtool and running ./autogen.sh before
> ./configure so that it picks up your version?
>
> Luigi

Re: Quantlib v1.8.1 - make check failure

Die Optimisten
Ok, have to add it to the Path, too (installed it locally) (seen that just before your mail)
 - now it should work. //Should buy a faster machine!! :)

Is there a global VAR for adding a LIBRARY-Path?

(adding gcc-Options is not easy, too. These days I alter the configure* - Scripts,
I would like to do sg like make CFLAGS+="--nogdb"
    1) seems I cant add Options to make
    2) CFLAGS can't be added, only set (which means, all other options would be lost)
    3) there is no --nogdb option (--gdb exisists, so I wonder how I can disable it , -toggling is no solution)
        - interestingly I don't find any (actual) man-page for gcc, etc (only the old versions are complete?)
        - why aren't these installed on the system???

Another question:
What (for) is libQuantLib.a ?
What is the output when compiling/installing quantlib-swig? (Does it overwrite libQuantLib.so.0.0.0) ?

Thx
Opti