R: Re: QuantLib in JavaScript

tarpanelli@libero.it

Hi Ismael,

I done a similar job for a client implementing JNI and using QuantLib as a benchmark for some analytics...

Paolo

Re: QuantLib in JavaScript

Ismael Ghalimi
Interesting...

We'll, we're considering starting a project licensed under MIT for a full port, in case you're interested.

More details there:

-Ismael

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ismael,

I done a similar job for a client implementing JNI and using QuantLib as a benchmark for some analytics...

Paolo

Ogg: Re: [Quantlib-dev] QuantLib in JavaScript

Will do!

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]> wrote:
No idea of the effort.  You might try asking the JQuantLib people; I
think their port is the most complete.

Luigi

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Ismael Ghalimi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Luigi,
>
> Thanks for the answer, much appreciated.
>
> SWIG would be a great start, but for the kind of tools we're considering
> building, a native port will be necessary (we need everything to run in the
> client).
>
> For previous ports to other languages, do you have an idea of how much
> efforts in took (person-months)?
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> -Ismael
>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> No plans that I know of.  And I don't want to discourage you, but the
>> effort would be substantial (we're talking between 200k and 300k lines
>> of code).  Is there any specific parts of the library you're
>> interested in? This might narrow the scope and make it easier to get
>> something working.
>>
>> Another way might be to wait for JavaScript support in SWIG (last I
>> heard, they were working on it).  If/when that happens, you could use
>> the existing SWIG interfaces to call the library from JavaScript.
>>
>> Luigi
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Ismael Ghalimi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Is there any plans to do a JavaScript port of QuantLib that could run
>> > either
>> > on the client or on the server (using something like Node.js)? I know
>> > quite
>> > a few people who would be interested by this.
>> >
>> > If not, what would be the best way to approach such a project?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>> >
>> > -Ismael

Re: R: Re: QuantLib in JavaScript

Alexander
Hi Ismael,

At moment i do the implementation  (REST paradigm) of Web Service for Forecasting of Stocks volatility (on the fly) on the base R Server + Protovis + Node js + UI with backbone js + Mongoose ( on the platform AWS (EC2))
and would like to add the implementation of QuantLib as a service and i am looking for developers or solutions for implementation a JavaScript port of QuantLib that could run either on the client or on the server (using like Node.js)

You wrote 1 year ago: " I know quite a few people who would be interested by this ( means JavaScript port of QuantLib). If not, what would be the best way to approach such a project "

Question: "Can you inform me the contacts of people how was it said  above "

Thanks,

Alexander
Email: forecasting (at) gmx de