RE: [Quantlib-dev] Full first Linux Port

RE: [Quantlib-dev] Full first Linux Port

Bernd Johannes Wuebben-2
Hi Enrico,

I hope you used the last Linux port tarball I posted here.
As to  autoconfing the whole thing, feel free to contact
Stephan Kulow <[hidden email]> he may be able to set
the whole thing up in only a couple of minutes. Tell
him I sent you and ask im politely whether he would
mind to invest a few minutes. Stephan is our autmake/autoconf
guru at KDE and I know of to person who is more
knowledgable regarding these tools than him including
the maintainers of automake/ autoconf. This may get
you over some of the hurdles quicker and in a more
rewarding fashion.

Also, there are a number of macros posted regularly that
do the standart C++ library checks that you are looking
for on the respective mailing lists. Not that
it is hard to write those tests, but basicially pretty
much everything should be there already -- it's just a
matter of putting it together.

Bernd

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 05:00:15 -0500
From: Bernd Johannes Wuebben <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]

Hi,

        I sent nando an initial embryonicGNU/Linux port. Generates makefiles
dynamically, almost everything compiles. More when I have another
five
minutes.

Initial impressions:

        I am unhappy about the heavy use of templates and the stl. Its going
bite you on many platforms (guys there is a whole world out there
apart from
Macs and Windows machines...) and the bloat is going to be
considerable.

        Is the license compatible with the GPL? Has someone verified with
Richard?

            We need to talk seriously about the architecture sometime
soon.

        Other than that I think you guys have contributed a very nice start
code
base. Thank you!

Got to run ...
- -- Bernd