RE: [Quantlib-users] Some Whitespace please?

RE: [Quantlib-users] Some Whitespace please?

Gilbert Peffer
Hi everybody,
Programming styles are probably one of the more contentious issues, and
different people are used to different things. But I think Bernd is right to
bring up the issue of programming style. There are probably a zillion ways
of doing things, but what I would like to propose is that we should agree on
a set of C++ programming style rules. This, I think, will avoid problems at
a stage, when many more people are starting to add code.

There is a very concise set of rules (actually 92 of them) at
http://www.geosoft.no/style.html#General%20Recomendations, which we could
take as a base for discussion. I would propose that we should go through the
list and  discard those rules we don't like or add other rules, and thus
keep those we think guarantee a minimum degree of consistency in the code.

What are your thoughts on this?

Gilbert