Reg Building Quantlib with selective packages [Configure options]

Reg Building Quantlib with selective packages [Configure options]

Parag Agrawal
Hi,

I am trying to write a small program to calculate risk.
I am using very limited Classes/variables/methods of the Qualtib library (like Quantlib::BlackCalculator, Quantlib::blackFormulaImpliedStdDev, and exception class like Quantlib::Error).
While building I am configuring with the --enable-sessions options [different instances for different sessions).

However I see that the default size of the libQuantlib.so.0 compiles to around ~350 MB, which is kind of an overkill for my program. (Also copying the program along with library is a big pain).

Is there any way I can build a part of the source which will reduce the size of the library and still contain the above libraries/methods/classes.
I can see that the ./configure --help does give an options like --with-PACKAGE . Is  there some way I can build a part of the source code to achieve my goal.

I couldnt locate anything while searching. Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

thanks,
Parag

Re: Reg Building Quantlib with selective packages [Configure options]

Luigi Ballabio
Building QuantLib with

    ./configure --disable-shared

will only build a static library, and the linker will include in your program the parts that it needs.

Luigi

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 1:35 PM Parag Agrawal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

答复: Reg Building Quantlib with selective packages [Configure options]

cheng li

Hi Parag,

I think currently no way to do such things. Quantlib is always built as a whole.

For the big .so file, you can try strip command to remove information for debug, e.g:

         >> strip libQuantlib.so

Which will significantly reduce the binary file size.

Regards,

Cheng