Retiring quantlib-dev

Luigi Ballabio
Hi all,
    as the amount of traffic is not so high that we need to divide it
between two lists, and as the difference between them wasn't always so
clear to begin with, the other admins and I were thinking of retiring
the quantlib-dev list and only rely on quantlib-users. The dev list
will remain online as a searchable archive, but we'll close it for
posting. Those of you that still aren't subscribed to quantlib-users
(close to none, I guess) can subscribe at
<https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quantlib-users>. We're
still open to hear any objection, of course.

Later,

<https://implementingquantlib.blogspot.com>
<https://twitter.com/lballabio>

Re: Retiring quantlib-dev

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 18 March 2014 at 14:38, Luigi Ballabio wrote:
| Hi all,
|     as the amount of traffic is not so high that we need to divide it
| between two lists, and as the difference between them wasn't always so
| clear to begin with, the other admins and I were thinking of retiring
| the quantlib-dev list and only rely on quantlib-users. The dev list
| will remain online as a searchable archive, but we'll close it for
| posting. Those of you that still aren't subscribed to quantlib-users
| (close to none, I guess) can subscribe at
| <https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quantlib-users>. We're
| still open to hear any objection, of course.

Count me in as voting against. [1]

The infrastructure is set up, it costs as nothing and having the optionality
of discussing _implementation details_ is worth something.

Dirk

[1] Steep discuountactor applicable as I am not that visible.

--
Dirk Eddelbuettel | [hidden email] | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com

Re: Retiring quantlib-dev

Luigi Ballabio
Hi Dirk,
    thanks for your opinion (which is not discounted as much as you
say, since I guess you're the one with most experience in
participating to open-source projects...)
In fact I might have to jump a few hoops in order to disable the list
(which is also mirrored at Nabble and Gmane) so it might be more work
that it's worth. Hmm.

Later,
    Luigi