SourceForge problems, Unix port, QuantLib and Bruce Eckel

SourceForge problems, Unix port, QuantLib and Bruce Eckel

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
Hi all,

1) apologies for any troubles you've been having with QuantLib, it's that
our host SourceForge has a few problems.
[hidden email] doesn't work, statistics are not updated,
cvs export does not work (check out is OK). I append SourceForge message below.

2) David Binderman <[hidden email]> has proposed a patch
(http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=102871&group_id=12740)
for a port to Alpha Linux (Redhat Linux Alpha 5.1 on Compaq Alpha machine,
using the Compaq 6.3 C++ compiler).
Luigi and Enrico are integrating the contributions of David, Bernd and
Peter for Unix port. They should finish by today or tomorrow (you know,
it's not their only work)

3) Bruce Eckel (the author of Thinking in C++, Thinking in Java, etc.
freely available at http://www.bruceeckel.com) added QuantLib to his list
of things of interest about Python that he may want to include in the book
Thinking in Python.
He is probably overestimating the current status of QuantLib, but hey ...
he may be right ;-)

ciao -- Nando