Swap with amortizing notional schedule

Masi, Carlo CWK

Dear all,

I have just started using quantlib in excel and still getting familiar with the logic and the functions. I have managed so far to build a EUR Swap Curve based on Bloomberg data and price some vanilla swaps. As a next step I was trying to price a fixed-floating Swap where the notional has an amortisation schedule. But it’s unclear to me if this is possible in qlVanillaSwap or a different route needs to be taken.

Also, for swaps in the middle of the coupon period, I would like to add a value for the Euribor fixing which happened at the beginning of the coupon period. Again, I am struggling to understand where this could be entered, as the qlIborleg does not seem to have a field to enter a previous fixing. Could you also provide suggestions for this?

Best regards,

Carlo

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/email-disclaimers for further information.  Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/privacy-policy for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.

BlackRock Advisors (UK) Limited and BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No. 796793 and No. 2020394 respectively. BlackRock Life Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England No. 2223202. Registered Offices: 12 Throgmorton Avenue, London EC2N 2DL. BlackRock International Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is a registered investment adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registered in Scotland No. SC160821. Registered Office: Exchange Place One, 1 Semple Street, Edinburgh EH3 8BL.

For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2017 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.