Unresolved external

Andre Louw-2
Hi,

Under RedHat I'm getting the following error as soon as I import QuantLib
using python:

>> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/QuantLib/_QuantLib.so:
undefined symbol:
>> _ZNK8QuantLib28BlackVolatilityTermStructure17blackVarianceImplEddb

This does not occur when running one of the examples.

I did a CVS update, but nothing has been updated since my last checkout. Any
suggestions, fixes?

Thanx

Andre

Re: Unresolved external

Luigi Ballabio-2
At 12:38 PM 7/1/03 +0200, Andre Louw wrote:

>Under RedHat I'm getting the following error as soon as I import QuantLib
>using python:
>
> >> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/QuantLib/_QuantLib.so:
>undefined symbol:
> >> _ZNK8QuantLib28BlackVolatilityTermStructure17blackVarianceImplEddb
>
>This does not occur when running one of the examples.
>
>I did a CVS update, but nothing has been updated since my last checkout. Any
>suggestions, fixes?

Maybe the QuantLib-Python module got out of synch with the C++ library on
your machine? May you try and rebuild it? ("it" being the Python module)
Or maybe you ended up with multiple versions lying around? May you try a
"locate QuantLib.py" to check it?

Later,
         Luigi