Use code in legacy folder of quantlib

manas bhatt
Hi,
 I am planning to use the code present in quantlib\ql\legacy\libormarketmodels. Is it ok to use that code or is there new code which can be used in place of the legacy. I am asking this question because there is a test case in testsuite which uses the code present in legacy folder as well a project called MarketModels in quantlib which uses the legacy code.
Since the legacy code is suitable for the work i am working on right now, it would be helpful if someone can tell whether it is ok to use the code present in that folder
regards,
Manas

Re: Use code in legacy folder of quantlib

Luigi Ballabio
2011/12/6 manas bhatt <[hidden email]>:
>  I am planning to use the code present in
> quantlib\ql\legacy\libormarketmodels. Is it ok to use that code or is there
> new code which can be used in place of the legacy.

The code in ql/models/marketmodels replaced most of it.  I think
there's still some bits of functionality in the old code that are not
yet covered by the new, but I don't remember what they are.  Klaus,
maybe you can chime in?

Re: Use code in legacy folder of quantlib

Klaus Spanderen-2
Hi Manas

the code in ql/legacy/libormarketmodels is replaced by the code in
ql/models/marketmodels. If you start a new project I'd strongly recommend to
base it on the newer implementation in ql/models/marketmodels.

cheers
 Klaus