Visual Studio 2015 (vc14) solution and projects files for QuantlibXL

Visual Studio 2015 (vc14) solution and projects files for QuantlibXL

igitur
Hi Eric,

You don't by any chance of VS2015 project and solutions files ready for QuantlibXL? If not, I'll give it a go.

thanks
Francois Botha

Re: Visual Studio 2015 (vc14) solution and projects files for QuantlibXL

Eric Ehlers-3
Hi Francois,

I don't.  I am hoping that the 1.7 release will be based on the new
build, the QuantLibXL2 directory in my master:

 http://quantlib.org/reposit/docs/latest/build_git_swig_windows.html

For that I am working in VC9 and will still need to generate projects
for VC10+.

If you would like to create VC14 (VS2015) projects to the old build, we
can add them to git, whether or not that old build ever gets released
again.

I have a script for upgrading VC:

https://github.com/eehlers/quantlib/blob/master/reposit/dev_tools/upgrade_vc.py

It copies the files from the old version to the new, renaming
everything.  Then you open the new files with the new compiler and it
upgrades them.  In your case I think you would go from VC12 to VC14.

Kind Regards,
Eric

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:46:24 +0200
Francois Botha <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> You don't by any chance of VS2015 project and solutions files ready
> for QuantlibXL? If not, I'll give it a go.
>
> thanks
> Francois Botha

Re: Visual Studio 2015 (vc14) solution and projects files for QuantlibXL

igitur
Thanks, Eric.

I remember I saw these instructions about upgrade_vc.py on the mailing list before.

I followed your instructions. The gensrc and Docs projects didn't automatically upgrade, but I edited the .vcxproj files in a text editor in accordance with the changes in the other projects that did indeed ugprade.

I also amended the auto_link.hpp files to detect the latest compiler version.

thanks

Francois Botha