Warming up (very slowly) for release?

Luigi Ballabio-2
Hi all,
        summer vacations are upon us. However, in the light of Andre's latest
contribution and of Nando's work on low-discrepancy sequences and MC
engines, I think we could start planning a release. Given the season, a
realistic time frame could be creating the branch next week, playing with
it in August, and releasing in early September. The version number will be
a puzzling 0.3.3 since Nando and I naively created a 0.3.2 branch a few
weeks ago...

Thoughts?

Later,

Re: Warming up (very slowly) for release?

Dirk Eddelbuettel
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:34:49PM +0200, Luigi Ballabio wrote:

> Hi all,
> summer vacations are upon us. However, in the light of Andre's
> latest contribution and of Nando's work on low-discrepancy sequences and MC
> engines, I think we could start planning a release. Given the season, a
> realistic time frame could be creating the branch next week, playing with
> it in August, and releasing in early September. The version number will be
> a puzzling 0.3.3 since Nando and I naively created a 0.3.2 branch a few
> weeks ago...
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds good! I never got around to making Debian snapshots of the goldem
master you announced a while back, but I should be able to get back into it
and make releases we could throw at the build daemons.

Dirk

--
These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx

Re: Warming up (very slowly) for release?

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
At 09:42 AM 7/22/2003 -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>Sounds good!
and if it sounds good to Dirk, it's deal done for me too. Let's see what
"his" Debian machines will say of our next tarball...

------------
ciao -- Nando

At 09:42 AM 7/22/03 -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>I never got around to making Debian snapshots of the goldem
>master you announced a while back, but I should be able to get back into it
>and make releases we could throw at the build daemons.

Ok, but don't bother doing it with the tarballs I made before---I'll make
new next week.

>--
>These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
>                                                 -- Groucho Marx

Ha! :) I always loved the Marx brothers. Hopefully this summer I'll have
some time to take some dust off their vhs...

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:19:30PM +0200, Luigi Ballabio wrote:
> At 09:42 AM 7/22/03 -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> >I never got around to making Debian snapshots of the goldem
> >master you announced a while back, but I should be able to get back into it
> >and make releases we could throw at the build daemons.
>
> Ok, but don't bother doing it with the tarballs I made before---I'll make
> new next week.

Great. It is easier for me to work from tarballs.

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx