Win32 DLL - any thoughts?

Luigi Ballabio-3
Hi all,
        I tried to link QuantLib as a shared library under WinNT (like it is under
Linux). I failed due to problems with template instantiations.
I found some reference to the problem on the Microsoft site, but while it
seemed to shed some light on the argument, it also seemed not to encourage
my best hopes. Namely, it explained how to export a template class - or a
class containing a template class - through explicit template
instantiation. However, it stated that some classes cannot be exported -
most notably, list and set (the latter is contained into Observer, from
which a few classes currently inherit). Also, I didn't find any mention of
exporting template methods of a non-template class, such as
Statistics::addSequence<Iterator>.

Does anyone have any expertise on this?

Bye,
        Luigi