btp.xml

japari
Hi,
at line 455
of
QuantLibAddin / gensrc / metadata / functions / btp.xml

    <Constructor name='qlRendistatoCalculator'>
      <libraryFunction>RendistatoCalculator</libraryFunction>
      <SupportedPlatforms>
!!!        SupportedPlatform name='Excel' calcInWizard='false'/
        <SupportedPlatform name='Excel'/>
        <SupportedPlatform name='Cpp'/>
      </SupportedPlatforms>
      <ParameterList>
        <Parameters>

Is this syntax ok? Is it taken as some sort of comment? Should it have been failed?
Best
pp

Re: btp.xml

japari
I know, and it still works, I use it. What I mean is there are no <....> brackets surrounding it in this case. Is this correct semantics?
best
pp

> I don't know if it is still honored, but I guess so: it is a
> directvive to avoid the input wizard to calculate the function.
> Handy to avoid heavy computations to be triggered multiple times,
> one per each input parameter
>

> tel:+393358470410
>
> twitter.com/Ferdinando1970
>

> facebook.com/ferdinando.ametrano
>
> google.com/+FerdinandoMAmetrano
>
> linkedin.com/in/ferdinandoametrano
>
> reddit.com/user/Nando1970/
>

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM, < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> Hi,
> at line 455
> of
> QuantLibAddin / gensrc / metadata / functions / btp.xml
>
> <Constructor name='qlRendistatoCalculator'>
> <libraryFunction>RendistatoCalculator</libraryFunction>
> <SupportedPlatforms>
> !!! SupportedPlatform name='Excel' calcInWizard='false'/
> <SupportedPlatform name='Excel'/>
> <SupportedPlatform name='Cpp'/>
> </SupportedPlatforms>
> <ParameterList>
> <Parameters>
>
> Is this syntax ok? Is it taken as some sort of comment? Should it
> have been failed?
> Best
> pp

Re: btp.xml

Luigi Ballabio
I suppose the line gets interpreted as text inside the
<SupportedPlatforms> tag (so the XML is well-formed and the parser
doesn't throw) but gets ignored by gensrc which doesn't expect to find
text there.

Luigi

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know, and it still works, I use it. What I mean is there are no <....> brackets surrounding it in this case. Is this correct semantics?
> best
> pp

<https://implementingquantlib.blogspot.com>
<https://twitter.com/lballabio>

Re: btp.xml

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
my bad, I didn't understand your point. You're right, gensrc kinda ignore it, but it should be fixed. I did it in my repo.

thank you

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]> wrote:
I suppose the line gets interpreted as text inside the
<SupportedPlatforms> tag (so the XML is well-formed and the parser
doesn't throw) but gets ignored by gensrc which doesn't expect to find
text there.

Luigi

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know, and it still works, I use it. What I mean is there are no <....> brackets surrounding it in this case. Is this correct semantics?
> best
> pp

Ok, thank you both.