callable floating rate note

adamquestio
Is there a coverage for American callable floating rate note in Quantlib? I am primarily interested in pricing with single factor HW.

Thanks

Re: callable floating rate note

Luigi Ballabio
On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 08:49 -0700, adam99 wrote:
> Is there a coverage for American callable floating rate note in Quantlib? I
> am primarily interested in pricing with single factor HW.

We have callable fixed-rate note in <ql/experimental/callablebonds>, but
not floating-rate.  If you want to give it a try, you could look at the
way the floating-rate leg is computed in the DiscretizedSwap class
(<ql/pricingengines/swap/discretizedswap.hpp>.)  You could do something
similar and add the redemption.  A harder problem would be to include
credit risk; you'd probably need two HW trees with the same structure
(one for forecasting, the other including credit for discounting.)

Hofstadter's Law:
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take
Hofstadter's Law into account.