debian platform

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
Hi Dirk

glad to know that our release candidate compiled on all Debian platforms:
even if Luigi made few more commits lately I don't expect them to make the
compilation fail... at least I hope so :)

I wonder if the test-suite was also compiled and run. If I'm not wrong the
configure stage should detect if CPP_UNIT is installed and compile the
suite. It would be a great point to be sure that the suite run
successfully. Any chance?

thank you in advance

------------
ciao -- Nando

Re: debian platform

Dirk Eddelbuettel
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 01:16:27PM +0200, Ferdinando Ametrano wrote:

> Hi Dirk
>
> glad to know that our release candidate compiled on all Debian platforms:
> even if Luigi made few more commits lately I don't expect them to make the
> compilation fail... at least I hope so :)
>
> I wonder if the test-suite was also compiled and run. If I'm not wrong the
> configure stage should detect if CPP_UNIT is installed and compile the
> suite. It would be a great point to be sure that the suite run
> successfully. Any chance?

I added cppunit as Depends during the last iteration:

quantlib (0.3.2.20030727-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Upgraded to 'golden master' pre-release of 0.3.3 dated 2003-07-27
    [ N.B.: there was no 0.3.2 release ]
  * debian/control: Section changed to libdevel for libquantlib0-dev
  * debian/control: Added cppunit to Build-Depends to obtain unit testing
  * debian/quantlib-examples.files: Added AmericanOption binary and man page
  * debian/libquantlib0-dev.files: Added quantlib-test-suite binary and man page
  * debian/quantlib-test-suite.1: Added new manual page
  * debian/AmericanOption.1: Added new manual page
  * debian/control: Standards-Version upgraded to 3.6.0
  * debian/rules: Install quantlib.el in -dev package examples/ directory
  * debian/rules: Install test-suite/ in -dev package examples/ directory

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <[hidden email]>  Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:24:09 -0500

I lost the build log from that upload from my own machine, no I can't check
that they run.

But looking at the build daemon site
    http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=quantlib
and randomly picking the alpha arch, I see fairly far down the file
    http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=quantlib&ver=0.3.2.20030727-1&arch=alpha&stamp=1059399648&file=log&as=raw

Making check in test-suite
make[3]: Entering directory /build/buildd/quantlib-0.3.2.20030727/test-suite'
/usr/bin/make  check-TESTS
make[4]: Entering directory /build/buildd/quantlib-0.3.2.20030727/test-suite'
lt-quantlib-test-suite: error while loading shared libraries:
libQuantLib.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
FAIL: quantlib-test-suite
1 of 1 tests failed
Please report to [hidden email]

so it looks like we're having a logic error. The dyn. libs are being built,
installed into tmp directory from the deb is built ... but not found by the
dyn. loader.

Do cppunit / libtool have a way around that?

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx

Re: debian platform

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
> so it looks like we're having a logic error. The dyn. libs are being
built,
> installed into tmp directory from the deb is built ... but not found by
the
> dyn. loader.
>
> Do cppunit / libtool have a way around that?

ehm, hum... ehm...
Luigi? :-)

Re: debian platform

Dirk Eddelbuettel
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 03:28:44PM +0200, Ferdinando Ametrano wrote:

> > so it looks like we're having a logic error. The dyn. libs are being
> built,
> > installed into tmp directory from the deb is built ... but not found by
> the
> > dyn. loader.
> >
> > Do cppunit / libtool have a way around that?
>
> ehm, hum... ehm...
> Luigi? :-)

It was an ordering issue. Forcing test to be run before install solved that.
I have to twiddle some other packaging details, but should be fine for the
0.3.3 release.

Dirk