exposing FDDividendAmericanEngine to QuantLibXL

exposing FDDividendAmericanEngine to QuantLibXL

aborodya
Hi,

I am trying to price instrument of American Dividend Vanilla Option and figured that even though qlDividendVanillaOption is exposed to Excel, FDDividendAmericanEngine is not. After adding
       <EnumeratedClass>
          <string>FDDA</string>
          <value>FDDA_Engine</value>
          <libraryClass>QuantLib::FDDividendAmericanEngine</libraryClass>
        </EnumeratedClass>
to enumeratedclasses.xml and defining
    boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::PricingEngine> FDDA_Engine(
        const boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::GeneralizedBlackScholesProcess>& process, const long& timeSteps) {
        return boost::shared_ptr<QuantLib::PricingEngine> (
            new QuantLib::FDDividendAmericanEngine<>(process, timeSteps, timeSteps-1));
    }
in enumeratedclasses.hpp/cpp , recompiling addin and succesfuuly creating an engine in excel I'm still getting "qlInstrumentNPV - wrong engine type" error.

What did I miss - any help would be realty appreciated

Re: exposing FDDividendAmericanEngine to QuantLibXL

Ioannis Rigopoulos
Just curious...

Can't you place a breakpoint at the code of the Error constructor inside
the errors.cpp file and see immediately what causes the problem?

---

Re: exposing FDDividendAmericanEngine to QuantLibXL

aborodya
The issue has been resolved. The changes I posted earlier are sufficient - there were problems picking up the updates.