hi.. i got one problem

債券部陳星瑜
hi
i got one problem using these library in borland c++builder 5
most the error msg is unable to include the *.hpp files...

how could i solve this problem?
thanx for your answer

best regard,

peter

ps) i think your job is a great idea about implementing derivative models

Re: hi.. i got one problem

Luigi Ballabio-4
Peter,

At 10:37 AM 12/10/01 +0800, =?big5?B?tsWo6bOhs6+sULfs?= wrote:
>i got one problem using these library in borland c++builder 5
>most the error msg is unable to include the *.hpp files...

I need a few more details. Are you having problems compiling the library?
Or rather linking the library to a project of yours? Can you post a
transcript of the error messages? And just as a wild guess, did you set the
QL_DIR environment variable to the QuantLib directory?

Bye,

RE: hi.. i got one problem

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
>i installed the whole *.zip file
>but it cannot work
>can you show me any tips working quantlib with bcb5?
To use QuantLib classes in your own code just add
     #include <ql/quantlib.hpp>
at the beginning of your source/header files. You don't need to include
other hpp files.

Your problem is probably that you have to tell bcb5 where to find
<ql/quantlib.hpp>.
I don't use bcb5 IDE so I cannot help you on how to do it, anyway under the
Examples folder you can find examples of QuantLib usage, including
makefiles for Borland 5 Free command line compiler. The examples assume you
have a QL_DIR environment variable that points to the QuantLib sources,
namely to the parent dir of <ql/quantlib.hpp>

The Win32 binary installer
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/quantlib/QuantLib-0.2.1-full-inst.exe
will set the QL_DIR variable for you on installation.
I suggest you use the Win32 binary installer instead of the zipped sources.

Hope this helps

ciao -- Nando

PS Anyone here using Borland IDE and willing to write a few hints for
Borland users?
I would like to add something to http://quantlib.org/html/usage.html