market vol surfaces

Simon Ibbotson-2
market vol surfaces

Im working on equity/fx vol surfaces within QuantLib. However, I dont see any surface which incorporates some basic definitions of the underlying instruments (for the implied vol).

Definitions such as:

Spot-settlement lag and calendar

Exercise-settlement lag and calendar

Would it not make sense to do the same as for the yield-term-structures and have some VolHelpers which can supply this information as well as some basic functionality (Call prices, Put prices, Implied vol from price etc.)?

Or am I not looking in the right place?

Thanks,

Simon

Simon Ibbotson

Valuations: Modelling & Methodologies.

Prudential Risk Division | Financial Services Authority

Ext: 65586

Email: [hidden email]

This communication and any attachments contains information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. It is for intended recipients only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, publish, rely on or otherwise use it without our consent. Some of our communications may contain confidential information which it could be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use without authority. If you have received this email in error please notify [hidden email] immediately and delete the email from your computer.

The FSA reserves the right to monitor all email communications for compliance with legal, regulatory and professional standards.

This email is not intended to nor should it be taken to create any legal relations or contractual relationships. This email has originated from

The Financial Services Authority (FSA)
25 The North Colonnade,
Canary Wharf,
London
E14 5HS
United Kingdom

Registered as a Limited Company in England and Wales No.1920623.
Registered Office as above

Switchboard: 020 7066 1000
Web Site: http://www.fsa.gov.uk