new QuantLib developers

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
Hi all

Dirk Eddelbuettel and Maxim Sokolov have been added to the QuantLib dev team.

Dirk made QuantLib a Debian package, and he will be the official Debian
maintainer. Dirk maintains also Octave, GSL and many other packages (see
the list at http://eddelbuettel.com/dirk/debian.html).

Maxim has MS in Physics (Numerical modeling) from Moscow Institute for
Physics and Technology 1999 and he works for the Gazprom investment
subsidiary Resource-MRG. Just as starter, Maxim will work on the examples
on how to use QuantLib.

Please join me in welcoming them.

ciao -- Nando

Re: new QuantLib developers

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote (to me, off list):
>Re the SWIG threat on the list:  Any hope for quantlib-perl ?
it's possible, I haven't Perl knowledge, but it should be really easy if
you are familiar with SWIG.

Anyone with some Perl skill may look at the Python interface files and work
along those lines for a Perl module: I can setup a QuantLib-Perl CVS module
as soon as someone volunteer to manage it.

The same for QuantLib-Java.

ciao -- Nando