(no subject)

Paul Symonds
Further to my question yesterday how do you know if a pricing engine uses a Trinomial tree?

Regards

Paul

Re: (no subject)

Luigi Ballabio
You'll have to look at the documentation or the code to be sure. In general, though, tree-based pricing engines using short-rate models all use trinomial trees.  Binomial trees are used for modeling stocks.

Luigi

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 5:11 PM Paul Symonds <[hidden email]> wrote:
Further to my question yesterday how do you know if a pricing engine uses a Trinomial tree?

Regards

Paul

Re: (no subject)

Paul Symonds
Luigi

Thanks I've been looking through the books and the code. Also your YouTube videos.  All really great.  I can't believe how much is there and all open.

I also looked at www.opensourcerisk.org an amazing project using QuantLib

Have a good weekend.

Regards

Paul Symonds