quantlib-swig python compilation

alex belyakov
I compiled quantlib-swig (1.1) with quantlib (1.2)  for python on debian 6.04  (more or less following instructions on http://blog.quantess.net/2012/09/26/quantlib-get-it-working-on-ubuntu/ )

and the file size of the resulting _QuanLib.so file is about 27MB while in quantlib-python package this file has 8MB size

does anybody know how to get it to 8MB ??  [maybe need some additional switches for ./configure? ]

Re: quantlib-swig python compilation

Luigi Ballabio
running

./configure CXXFLAGS=-O2

should help (the default flags are -g -O2, which cause g++ to include
debug information in the generated library).

Luigi