question

Amanda Sneider

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to convert between price and yield using quantlib.  I have yet to find code which will help me do this.  Is there any?  I would like the variables to be yield, price, coupon rate and a period of time in days.  If there is no code available in quantlib, is there a different source that I could use?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Amanda Sneider

Re: question

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
>I'm looking for a way to convert between price and yield using
>quantlib.  I have yet to find code which will help me do this.  Is there any?
Not yet, unfortunately. It's on the to-do list (see
http://quantlib.org/status.html under The library core | Financial Tools),
but  I don't know when it will be ready.

It would be nice if someone contribute code for price/yield/duration: it
should be one of those code snippets everybody wrote at least a couple of
times .... we're just looking for the first open source implementation ;-)

>If there is no code available in quantlib, is there a different source
>that I could use?
Maybe you could look ad the code for the Gnumeric add-ins
(http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/)

ciao -- Nando