relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.8' can not be used

relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.8' can not be used

Jerry Jin
Hello QuantLib community

I got error while linking to QuantLib (1.7.1) on Linux - CentOS 7 64-bit

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libQuantLib.a(discretizedasset.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.8' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libQuantLib.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

My project can be compiled and run on Windows and Mac.

I used -fPIC flag on my project, and I remember seeing -fPIC flags on the console while building QuantLib on Linux

Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Regards
Jerry