virtual memory exausted while compiling QuantLib (cygwin/gcc)

virtual memory exausted while compiling QuantLib (cygwin/gcc)

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
Hi all

I got a "virtual memory exausted" while trying to compile the open-source
QuantLib (http://quantlib.org) C++ library on cygwin/gcc.

I browsed the archives but I didn't find a solution to this problem. I've
got this problem on 2 different machines:
1) Win NT4 512MB (1024 pagefile)
2) Win2000 256MB (512 pagefile)

The cygwin version were updated yesterday with the latest packages:
automake 1.5b
autoheader 2.52
autoconf 2.52
libtool 1.4e
gcc 2.95.3-5

If you want to try on your machine, here's the receipt:
    export CVSROOT=:pserver:[hidden email]:/cvsroot/quantlib
    cvs login
    cvs -z3 co -P QuantLib
    cd QuantLib
    ./bootstrap
    ./configure
    make

The problem arises when compiling the example swapvaluation.cpp
Any help would be highly appreciated

Thank you in advance for your attention

ciao -- Nando

Re: virtual memory exausted while compiling QuantLib (cygwin/gcc)

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-2
Hi all

I posted my "virtual memory exausted" problem while compiling QuantLib 2
weeks ago.
Thanks to those who replied I solved the problem removing the optimization.

For archival sake here's the most informative source I've been pointed to:
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq6_4.html

ciao -- Nando